Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"The Clutter of Importance"

My calendar is full of important things I have planned..."I might be able to fit you in next week.  Maybe"
My "do list" is filled with things to fit in where there is an opening.  "Could I put you on my do list and call you?"
My list of things I'd like to do and books to read is ever longer...well actually I gave up keeping it.
My time for others is ever shrinking...or maybe it is gone..."Who did you say you were?"
My time for me must assume some priority because...well, just because...You know, you have to love yourself!
My finances are budgeted to the penny...invest, financial freedom, financial security.  "No, I cannot spare a dime. Who are you to ask me?"
My mind is full of things to think about and figure out..."Oh, what did I decide about what?  Hmm, I don't remember."
My ears are full of  sounds...oh yes, and voices--mine and others.  "Who was that and what is it they said?"
My eye are singularly  focused upon...looking but never seeing, "Well it must not have been important whatever it was."
My life's purpose...be the very best, lead the pack, win, get ahead, promote...at any cost promote, get to the top of the heap.

My contemplation and pondering...my musing...  Time for insights and to regroup.  "Who has time for that in a day like mine?"

Then I wonder why can't I be creative, friendly, patient, caring, giving, serving, and so much more?  Then I wonder, why I do not feel important or effective?

Could it be as one person termed it, "The barrenness of busyness?"  Could it be that if we uncluttered our lives, divested ourselves of ourselves, put into perspective those things that deceive us into feeling important, that we would indeed find the genuine.  Could it be that we would find the things that at the end of the day and at the end of life's day leave us fulfilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment